Natural resource priorities
2019 legislative priorities for natural resources are:
- Advocate for aggressive water policy legislation.
- BMAP and BMP implementation
- Conversion of septic to sewer
- Tertiary waste water treatment
- Innovative and aggressive water conservation
- Universal water fees study
- Support full funding of the Florida Forever land acquisition program and proper implementation of the Water and Legacy Conservation Amendment adopted in 2014.
- Support the ban of advanced well stimulation treatments (fracking) including but not limited to hydraulic fracturing and matrix acidizing.
- Support legislation that would promote the use of solar power and electric cars.
- Support legislation to address climate change through energy conservation and greater use of renewable energy sources, and to promote compliance with the goals of the Paris Climate Accord.
Natural resource events
Natural resource news
- Energy Upgrade Workshop
- Citizen Climate Lobby Monthly Meeting
- Rethinking Plastic and Sarasota County Student Environmental Alliance
- Climate Crisis and Solutions: Spotlight Florida
- Is Venice Ready for 100?
- Screening of the documentary “Kiss the Ground”
- What is the Green New Deal: A Conversation with Dr. Mark Paul of New College
- Food for Thought: A history of the 19th amendment
- Sustainable Communities Workshop