LWV FL 2019 gun safety legislative priorities are:
a. Support comprehensive universal background checks.
b. Support a ban on all semiautomatic assault weapons and high capacity magazines.
c. Oppose any legislation that would expand the right to carry a concealed weapon, to carry a weapon on a school or college campus and to have open carry in the state of Florida.
d. Support retrieval of firearms from anyone with restraining or protective orders and/or convictions regarding stalking or domestic violence against them.
e. Oppose any effort to arm teachers, or anyone who is not a law enforcement officer.
Gun Safety Events
Gun Safety News
- Brady Sarasota County: A vigil for victims of gun violence
- CANCELLED – Nicolette Springer live webinar: How to Talk to Your Legislator – CANCELLED
- Rally for Safer Gun Laws
- Keeping Us Safe: A Forum on Gun Violence
- Keeping Us Safe – Forum on Gun Violence
- Lobby Days with LWV Florida in Tallahassee
- March for our Lives – See you at the LWV SRQ table!
- Guns and Schools: One Year after Parkland
- City of Sarasota legislative priorities hearing
- Gun safety committee meeting