Election Reform is our top 2019 legislative priority. The Florida League’s goals are:
- Support automatic registration (opt-out system), same day voter registration, and improved on line voter registration.
- Extend deadlines for signatures cures, recounts and post mark delays caused by the postal service. Support a standardized ballot design and state funding for hardware and software to improve the recount process in close elections.
- Support home rule for counties and municipalities and oppose any preemptive legislation to counter home rule.
- Support statewide use of an Open Primary election system that allows for the broadest possible voter participation.
- Support the election of the President and Vice President by direct popular vote via the National Popular Vote Interstate Compact.