- Support adequate funding for public education, and no use of public funds for the expansion of charter schools through a voucher program
- Support stronger local district control over charter schools that includes greater fiscal management and accountability.
- Support a statewide assessment and accountability system that provides the same data at appropriate intervals to measure student progress for all schools that receive public funds, directly or indirectly.
- Support higher standards for early childhood education, for both staff and programs
- Support measures to improve district and community collaboration for pre-school programs, social services, and after school programs.